How many walkers have you killed? How many people have you killed?
Science has been severely misrepresented by authors. If you want to write about scientific worldviews accurately, here are some tips.
- If the scientific community saw something supernatural and could be assured it existed, they wouldn’t scream “that’s impossible!” or try to destroy it because it doesn’t fit their worldview. They would be more likely to say “How interesting. I wonder how this will change my theories. I’d better incorporate it into my worldview.”
- Scientists have morals just like the rest of us. In fact, many people become scientists because they want to help humanity. How is that so hard to understand?
- A whole lot of scientists love nature and want to preserve it.
- Scientists who have helped to create deadly weapons almost always regret it. Politicians who order those weapons to be used don’t.
- Science in general would be attracted to magic, not repulsed by it. A new thing to study with possible new applications to help mankind? How wonderful!
- How well a scientist understands people and gets along socially is up to the individual. They’re not an entire profession of evil, cold robots.
What do your elf eyes see?
So basically I had this theory that Thranduil wasn’t showing Thorin EVERYTHING. He only unglamored a piece of his face for a moment, we don’t know how far the scarring went. And considering he was definitely blind in his left eye from that scarring, the headcanons…grew.
History is full of wars that were fought for a hundred different reasons. But this war. Our war. I have to believe that it’s all worthwhile, because our cause is just.
She’s determined, but sweet. Eternal o p t i m i s t, never forgets a birthday. She never gives up on her friends. She’s completely l o y a l. Great at surpassing expectations. She’s p e r f e c t. Totally. Pretty much.
Gene, what is with the Heffron bullshit, huh? You know my name. Why don’t you use it?
here you go dear
I really don’t have words anymore for this man just please stop him
And now for the prequel trilogy trio of bookmarks! :D (I couldn’t decide which of Padme’s outfits to feature, so sort of combined one with a reference to the famous ‘hair profile’ of Queen Amidala in Episode 1)
Less than two months until BrisNova!!